Mobile / WhatsApp:+86-13553831871 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sep 03,2021| LED Knowledge
Many of the LED display failures are caused by improper installation or unreasonable wiring. Therefore, when installing a full-color LED display, you need to strictly follow the steps to perform the wiring operation, especially the first time you install it. Arouse our attention. Only by strictly following the steps can the occurrence of errors be better reduced. Let's take a look at the wiring methods and steps when installing a full-color LED display.
Wiring method and steps for installation of full-color LED display
1. Check the power supply voltage: find out the DC positive and negative connections to the switching power supply, connect the 220V power cord to the switching power supply, (after confirming that the connection is correct, connect it to the AC or NL terminal) and plug it in. You will find that a light on the power supply will turn on, and then use a multimeter to measure the voltage between V+ and V- in the DC range to ensure that the voltage is between 4.8V and 5.1V. There is a knob next to it, and you can adjust the voltage with a Phillips screwdriver. In order to reduce the heat generation of the screen and prolong its life, the voltage can be adjusted to between 4.5V-4.8 when the brightness requirement is not high. After confirming that there is no problem with the voltage, disconnect the power supply and continue to assemble other parts.
2. Turn off the power supply first: connect V+ to the red wire, V- to the black wire, respectively connect to the control card and the LED unit board, and connect the black wire to the GND of the control card and the LED power supply. The red wire connects the +5V of the control card and the VCC of the unit board. 1 power cord per unit board. After completion, please check whether the connection is correct.
3. Connect the control and the unit board: connect with the prepared cable. Pay attention to the direction of the connection, and never connect it wrong. Please note that there are two 16PIN interfaces on the unit board, one is input, one is output, and the one near the 74HC245/244 is input. Connect the control card to the input. The output is connected to the input of the next cell board.
4. Connect the RS232 data line: connect one end of the completed data line to the computer's DB9 serial port, and the other end to the control card, connect the DB9 pin 5 (brown) to the GND of the control card, and connect the DB9 pin 3 (brown and white) Connect to the RS232-RX of the control card. If your PC does not have a serial port, you can go to the Computer City to buy a USB to RS232 serial port conversion cable.
5. Check the connection again: check whether the connection is correct, the black wire is connected to -V and GND. The red wire connects +V and VCC +5V. Since the text of the power supply logo is relatively small, you need to be very careful when checking it. Check again to ensure that there is no error in the line.
6. Connect 220V and open the downloaded software: Under normal circumstances, the power light is on, the control card is on, and the screen is displayed. If it is not normal, please check the connection or check the error for repair. If it can be lit normally, you can set the parameters of the screen and send subtitles. Refer to the instructions for use of the LED software for details.
Mastering the above six LED display wiring methods and steps can kill the fault in the bud and make the LED display more safe and reliable! If you want to know more about LED faults and repair methods, please contact us by email email@example.com.