Mobile / WhatsApp:+86-13553831871 [email protected]
Sep 22,2021| LED Knowledge
When the LED outdoor full-color display is installed on site, professional and technical personnel are generally responsible for the operation, and there are several issues that need to be paid attention to during the installation process. Let us take a look at it together:
1. Steel structure: Usually the outdoor LED display has a large installation area, and most of them are installed in densely populated places. The design of the steel structure should consider the foundation, wind load, waterproof, dustproof, moisture-proof, ambient temperature, lightning protection, and surroundings. Population density and many other factors. At the same time, the steel structure also needs to place auxiliary equipment such as power distribution cabinets, air conditioners, axial fans, lighting, and maintenance facilities such as horse tracks and ladders.
Therefore, during implementation, the entire outdoor display steel structure should have design drawings that have passed the review of the competent government department to ensure the reliability and safety of the entire steel structure.
2. Waterproof and moisture-proof: The outdoor LED display is installed outdoors, often exposed to the sun and rain, wind and dust cover, the working environment is bad, the electronic equipment is wet or severely damp will cause a short circuit or even a fire, cause a failure or even a fire, and cause losses; Therefore, the screen body and the joint between the screen body and the building must be strictly waterproof and leak-proof; the screen body must have good drainage measures, once the accumulation of water occurs, it can be discharged smoothly; pay attention to waterproof and moisture-proof.
3. Ventilation and heat dissipation: outdoor LED display should be equipped with ventilation equipment to cool down, so that the internal temperature of the screen is -10℃～40℃. An axial fan is installed on the top of the back of the screen to dissipate heat; the outdoor LED display itself will generate a certain amount of heat when it is working. If the ambient temperature is too high and the heat dissipation is poor, the integrated circuit may not work properly or even be burned, causing the LED display The system is not working properly.
4. Lightning protection and grounding: The electronic components in outdoor LED displays are highly integrated, and their sensitivity to interference is also getting higher and higher. Lightning can harm the display system in various ways. Under normal circumstances, it may directly hit the screen and then leak into the ground through a grounding device. Cause mechanical, electrical, and thermal damage where lightning current passes.
The solution is equipotential bonding, that is, the ungrounded or ungrounded metal shell, the metal skin of the cable, the metal frame inside the display body and the grounding device are reliably welded to prevent these objects from being induced by high voltage or grounding devices. The transmission of high potential of lightning into the ground causes overvoltage counterattack to the internal insulation of the equipment and the cable core wire.
Outdoor LED display screens will also be attacked by strong electricity and magnetism caused by lightning, in order to discharge the large current caused by lightning in time, reduce the overvoltage appearing on the equipment, and limit the lightning intrusion wave. Generally, lightning protection devices should be installed on display screens and buildings.
5. Power supply system: LED outdoor displays generally use AC220V current for power supply, and the grid voltage fluctuation is required to be less than 10%, and a good system grounding is provided. For display screens with electric power exceeding 10kW, special power distribution cabinets should be provided.
A power distribution cabinet with remote control function or PLC control function can be selected according to needs. The power distribution cabinet with PLC control function is more intelligent, and the LCD controller can be used to remotely operate the outdoor LED display and the internal air conditioner and fan of the screen.
The switch of the device can also monitor the internal ambient temperature of the screen and the ambient brightness outside the screen in real time, and provide corresponding alarm information.
In the LED outdoor display screen, the general environmental conditions are poor, and it is recommended to use the power distribution cabinet with PLC control; in the indoor screen project, the environment is better and the space is limited, so PLC control is not required. In order to prevent leakage fire, a fire leakage switch should also be installed at the main switch of the power supply line.
The above is about the issues that need to be paid attention to when installing the LED outdoor full-color display. Only by grasping the above points can the risk be minimized and the service life of the LED display can be delayed.