Mobile / WhatsApp:+86-13553831871 email@example.com
Feb 26,2021| LED Knowledge
IP (or "Ingress Protection") ratings are defined in international standard EN 60529 (British BS EN 60529:1992, European IEC 60509:1989). They are used to define levels of sealing effectiveness of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign bodies (tools, dirt etc) and moisture.
What do the numbers in an IP Rating mean?
The numbers that follow IP each have a specific meaning. The first indicates the degree of protection (of people) from moving parts, as well as the protection of enclosed equipment from foreign bodies. The second defines the protection level that the enclosure enjoys from various forms of moisture (drips, sprays, submersion etc).
First Digit (intrusion protection)
1. No special protection
2. Protection from a large part of the body such as a hand (but no protection from deliberate access); from solid objects greater than 50mm in diameter.
3. Protection against fingers or other object not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter.
4. Protection from entry by tools, wires etc, with a diameter of 2.5 mm or more.
5. Protection against solid bodies larger than 1mm (eg fine tools/small etc).
6. Protected against dust that may harm equipment.
7. Totally dust tight.
Second Digit (moisture protection)
1. No protection.
2. Protection against condensation
3. Protection against water droplets deflected up to 15° from vertical
4. Protected against spray up to 60° from vertical.
5. Protected against water spray from all directions.
6. Protection against low pressure water jets (all directions)
7. Protection against strong water jets and waves.
8. Protected against temporary immersion.
9. Protected against prolonged effects of immersion under pressure.
For example, the LED display is labeled IP65, which means that the product can “ Protected against dust that may harm equipment” and “Protected against water spray from all directions”. The JYLED conventional indoor transparent LED screen IP rating is IP30. Said to place small solids into and intrusion to prevent water ingress.
The above is about the IP explanation of LED display. If you have anything unclear, please leave your contact information through the form below. At that time, we will have a professional team to answer your questions.