I often hear many people say that LED displays are better than LCD displays, so is this actually true? Let’s find out together.
Compared with LCD displays, LED displays have more advantages in terms of brightness, power consumption, viewing angle and refresh rate. Using LED technology, it is possible to make displays that are thinner, brighter, and sharper than LCDs.
Note: Since the LED display is a large category, there are also many different types below, such as rental LED display, transparent LED display, etc. Here, compared with the LCD display, the LEDs under the LED display are small. Spacing display.
What is the difference between LED small pitch display and LCD display?
- The power consumption ratio of LED small-pitch display and LCD liquid crystal display is about 1:10, so LED small-pitch display will be more energy-saving and environmentally friendly than LCD liquid crystal display.
- The LED small-pitch display has a higher refresh rate, and has better performance in video, especially dynamic video capture. However, in recent years, the high-frequency refresh rate of LCD liquid crystal displays has gradually increased, and now it has the ability to not lose to LED displays.
- The LED indoor small-pitch display provides a viewing angle of up to 160°, can display various text, numbers, color images and animation information, supports various audio and video formats, and can play color videos such as TV, video, VCD, DVD, etc. Signal.
- The reaction speed of a single element of the LED display is 1,000 times that of the LCD liquid crystal screen. It can also be looked after under strong light, and it can adapt to the low temperature of minus 40 degrees.
- The price of the LCD liquid crystal display is much lower than that of the indoor LED small-pitch display. If the LED display wants to achieve the effect of the LCD liquid crystal display, it is necessary to use an LED display with a smaller dot pitch. The smaller the dot pitch of the LED display , the higher the price.
In general, LCD and LED are two different display technologies. LCD is a display screen composed of liquid crystals, while LED is a display screen composed of light-emitting diodes.
Through the above introduction, everyone should understand the difference between lcd and led. Since the LED display is so good, should I buy the LED display directly?
Due to the different light-emitting technologies, the current LED display on the market is not an LED display in the true sense. To be precise, it is an LED-backlit liquid crystal display. The liquid crystal panel is still a traditional LCD display. In a sense, , the two are not comparable.
South Korea’s Samsung has been convicted by the British Advertising Association for violating the country’s advertising laws because its “LED TV” LCD TVs are suspected of misleading consumers. For liquid crystal displays, the most important key is the type of LCD panel and backlight, while the LCD panels of monitors on the market generally use TFT panels, which are the same. The difference between LED and LCD is that their backlight types are different: LED Backlight and CCFL backlight (that is, fluorescent lamps), are diodes and cold cathode lamps, respectively.
The difference between different backlights:
LED backlight: power saving (30%~50% power saving compared to CCFL), expensive, and very high brightness and saturation.
CCFL backlight: Compared with LED backlight, it consumes more power, but it saves much power than the old CRT, and the price is more economical and affordable.
Picture difference: LED backlight is brighter in color and has high saturation (the natural light source of CCFL and LED is different).
How to distinguish: If it is LED backlight, it will emphasize LED TV. On the contrary, CCFL LCD TV is not emphasized.
Only SONY and Samsung (I heard that LG is also stepping up to catch up) are the only manufacturers that can mass-produce LED TVs on the market (not relying on backlight, and will actively emit light), but their panels are currently under 11 inches, and the price is very expensive, like SONY The asking price of 11-inch AMO LED TV is about 18,000, which belongs to the high-end market, so there are few on the market.