Many people may often hear others mention: 3D stereo LED displays, LED fine-pitch displays, or LED floor tile screens, but they cannot distinguish the difference between them. Take the most common small-pitch LED display as an example, How is it different from ordinary LED displays? Let’s learn together.
What is LED fine pitch display?
LED small pitch screen refers to the indoor LED display screen with an LED dot pitch below P2.5mm. With the improvement of LED display manufacturing technology, the resolution of LED displays has been greatly improved. For example, the LED small-pitch screen adopts pixel-level point control technology to realize the state control of the brightness, color restoration and uniformity of the pixel unit of the display screen. At present, the smallest pixel known in the industry is P0.4. Under such a density, even if you hold it in your hand, you can’t see obvious pixels.
Small pitch is generally not waterproof, so it is mostly used indoors, so let\’s take a look at some features of indoor small-pitch full-color LED displays:
The characteristics of indoor small-pitch LED display
- ★Indoor small-pitch display can perfectly express ultra-high-definition picture quality and delicate colors, which can be comparable to LCD to a large extent.
- ★Indoor small-pitch LED display uses high-quality light-emitting components as the core material of the display and adopts its own patented circuit board design, which fundamentally ensures the service life of the product;
- ★The indoor small-pitch LED display has a refresh rate of 3840Hz, and the grayscale is adjustable from 14 to 16 Bit. The display quality is clear and true, and the playback effect is bright and smooth;
- ★Indoor small-pitch full-color LED display has a contrast ratio of up to 1200:1, high-quality surface-mounted 1515 black light and snap-on black mask so that the ink color of the screen is more uniform, the consistency is better, and the screen is better restored. display color;
- ★The 160° wide viewing angle of the indoor small-pitch display is highly consistent with each light-emitting tube, and has a large viewing angle both horizontally and vertically, which is suitable for environments with wide horizontal distribution and large height drop;
- ★Indoor small-pitch display screen is made of surface-mounted 1515 black light with gold wire and copper bracket, the viewing angle can reach more than 160°, and the basic surface of the mask is lower than the light-emitting surface of the lamp tube, so as to achieve no shadows at all angles, and the display effect is always the same when viewing from multiple directions;
- ★Indoor small-pitch full-color display non-linear correction technology, the image effect is delicate and clear; the animation effect is vivid and diverse; the video effect is smooth and realistic;
- ★There are various assembling methods for indoor small spacing. Customers can DIY any DIY assembly of the unit board to form a whole screen or can be used with a 480*480 die-casting aluminum box to complete the screen.
- ★The unique treatment of strong antistatic with small spacing indoors is also an important technology for the display screen to be stable in other display screens. Using modular design technology, the reliability and stability are higher.
- ★Seamless splicing of indoor small-pitch displays, professional customized kit design controls the splicing error between modules within plus or minus 0.1mm, is easy to install, and can be made into any shape according to user needs.
Like these features listed above, conventional LLED displays are generally not good or impossible, while small-pitch LED displays can do well or even better. It is delicate and clear, so its applications are also more extensive, such as monitoring, meetings, command, etc., and the development potential and future prospects are also longer. Next, let\’s take a look at the uses of the small LED pitch.
The use of LED small pitch screen
LED small-pitch screens have broad market prospects in security. In the process of security projects, large-screen display products have become the mainstream display terminals, especially in large-scale comprehensive security projects such as safe cities and smart cities, the display is a must Indispensable.
Data-related industry statistics show that as early as 2011, command and dispatch and video surveillance have become the main driving forces for the growth of the display product application market, accounting for more than 70% of the overall market sales.
Today, the entire security market is expanding rapidly. It is not only widely used in security areas, but also develops in various areas, bringing a wider development space for the display industry.
What is the difference between an LED fine-pitch screen and DLP?
In the market, we often compare small-pitch displays with DLP. At present, the indoor mid-to-high-end display market is mainly dominated by DLP rear-projection displays, but DLP technology has natural defects. First of all, it is the display unit that cannot be eliminated at all. The 1mm seam between them can swallow up at least one display pixel. Secondly, it is also inferior to the direct-emitting LED display in terms of color expression.
In particular, due to the differences between DLP display units, it is difficult to control the uniformity of color and brightness of the entire display screen. Seams are hard to keep consistent and will become more and more noticeable. The color difference between the units and the adjustment of the seam, even if it is maintained and repaired in the later stage, is a more difficult thing.
The biggest competitiveness of LED small-pitch screens lies in the complete seamlessness of the display and the natural and true display colors. At the same time, in terms of post-maintenance, the LED small-pitch screen already has a mature point-by-point correction technology, the operation process is simple, and the effect is also very good.