As a very experienced LED display manufacturer, I have faced various problems mentioned by LED display users, and many of them are curious about LED flexible displays.
Because the LED displays they see the most are rectangular and cannot be bent. Therefore, they want to know, “What is a flexible LED display?”.
flexible LED screens can be flexible by incorporating flexible substrates(Also called PCB board)and silicone back case kit. It utilizes LED technology to produce vibrant and bright visuals.
I believe your doubts have been well answered through the above answers. The following are more questions related to LED flexible displays, hoping to help more people who want flexible LED displays.
Table of Contents
What is flexible display description?
Flexible displays are relative to display devices that cannot be bent. The flexible display is made of soft rubber, so it can bend to a certain extent. It can be traced back to the ink curved electronic screen created by E Ink in 2003.
The flexible LED display appeared relatively late, appearing in the market in 2012, and the specific source cannot be studied.
It is rumored in the industry that employees of a well-known display company inadvertently discovered that in order to try to differentiate, the transparent LED display also appeared in the same year.
Who makes flexible displays?
There are currently several types of flexible displays on the market, and they have different manufacturing times. Let us take a look at the development history of these flexible displays.
OLED flexible display:
The history of flexible display technology can be traced back to more than 40 years ago.
- In 1974, Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) released the world’s first flexible display Epaper.
- In 2005, Arizona State University established a flexible display center dedicated to the development of Epaper and then developed a flexible prototype.
- In 2008, Nokia released a concept mobile phone made of a flexible OLED screen.
- In 2010, Sony released a 4.1-inch bendable OLED screen
Micro LED flexible display:
Compared with OLED flexible display, micro LED appeared later, and its manufacturing process was relatively mature in the 2000s.
|2001||Japan’s satoshi takano team first announced a set of micro led arrays of their research|
|2008||The Zyban team announced another passively driven 120*120 microarray|
|2009||luxury was established and headquartered in Santa Clara, USA|
|2011||Germany combines micro led and CMOS to make a VGA resolution display|
|2012||Sony released crystal led display at 55 o’clock, using 6.22 million micro-LEDs.|
|2014||Apple acquired Luxvue, and led technology has once again attracted attention.|
|2015||itri completes a color passive module, ppi reaches 440|
|2016||Sony releases Cledis display application|
LED flexible display
Compared with the top two, LED flexible display is not a “creation” but a “transformation”, because LED flexible display is still based on LED display, and the structure is modified to form a product, although Widely used, but did not find more records on Google.
What is the thinnest flexible display?
Royole Technology has successfully developed a full-color AMOLED flexible display with a thickness of only 0.01 mm, and successfully docked with the mobile phone platform. The thickness of a complete flexible display is only about 0.01 mm (10 microns), almost one-fifth of a human hair.
Due to its ultra-thin thickness, the bending radius of the flexible display can be as small as 1 mm, which is even smaller than that of a pen refill, and it can still achieve high-quality display after bending 50,000 to 100,000 times.
What are the application scenarios for flexible LED screens?
The cylindrical LED flexible screen can serve as an attractive decorative piece for the hotel. Functionally, it can be utilized for a variety of purposes such as displaying advertisements, acting as a large LED clock, or presenting information like interest rates. The hotel can also showcase its unique products and services on the screen to draw in more patrons. Moreover, it can function as a global timepiece, displaying time from across the world on its LED surface. Furthermore, it can provide comprehensive, precise, and current global currency exchange information, which offers a handy resource for international guests seeking same-day currency exchange data.
Generally speaking, large shopping malls will have large building load-bearing beams, which are not only boring but also take up wasted space. LED flexible screens are used in these aspects. While solving the impact of pillars, it can achieve commercial promotion purposes such as discount promotions, discount promotions and new product launches.
Entertainment places pay attention to the combination of sound, light and shadow effects. LED flexible screens can be made into LED bar screens, wave-shaped LED screens, fan-shaped LED screens, and flowing water-shaped LED floor tile screens according to the shape. Not only make full use of the venue but also combine sound, light, shadow, etc. to show a more shocking effect
What are the shapes of flexible LED displays?
Examining the gallery provided below, we are able to discern the versatile shapes this item can adopt. Each image in the collection captures a unique formation, showcasing the item’s impressive flexibility and adaptability. The gallery serves as a testament to the object’s malleability, which allows it to transform and fit into various forms and spaces.
The variety of forms demonstrated here offers an expansive view of the item’s potential applications and the breadth of its usability. The versatility reflected in this gallery underlines the impressive design capabilities of the object, adding to its appeal and value.
Knowing so many knowledge points about flexible LED displays, finally, let’s talk about how LED display manufacturers assemble flexible LED modules into flexible LED displays step by step.
The installation process of LED flexible screen manufacturers:
- Installation First, assemble the aluminum profiles and install the display unit boards from bottom to top and from right to left. The height of the unit boards can be adjusted by the disk nuts at the four corners;
- Install the switching power supply, and fix the power supply to a suitable position inside the profile. The power supply is generally placed on the profile under the display screen. Connect the 5V power cord of the switching power supply to the power socket of the unit board, and pay attention to the positive and negative polarity of the power supply. Can not be reversed;
- Install the receiving card at the right position of the LED display frame, and connect the power supply and the signal line between the receiving card and the unit board, and connect the unit in the order from right to left The board is connected with the display screen with a cable;
- Finally, install the display card and sending card of the LED display: install the display card and sending card of the LED display according to the corresponding socket, and fix them with screws, and connect the display card and sending card with a flat cable. Insert the graphics card driver CD into the CD-ROM drive to enter the automatic installation state, and just follow the prompts.
The LED flexible screen adopts a cabinet-type design, which is easy to disassemble, reliable, and easy to maintain. LED flexible screens can be used in various large-scale entertainment venues and large-scale events, and LED flexible screens are customized products, generally customized according to the size of the LED large screen provided by the customer.
Therefore, it takes a certain amount of production time, but the full-color display unit module (unit board), power supply, control card, etc. are in stock.