LED Sphere display (also known as LED ball display or LED video ball) is a new design and creative type of LED screen product. Its shape is spherical and can provide a 360-degree viewing angle effect.
It is different from the traditional LED display and has a unique 360-degree spherical appearance. Due to its unique design and visibility in any direction, it stands out among various LED displays.
The images and videos displayed by the LED spherical display have no image distortion and can immediately attract public attention.
LED spherical displays are usually hung indoors in shopping malls.In addition, it is an excellent choice for large public places (such as museum halls, casinos, game halls, and airports), which require LED displays to display fascinating images or videos and interact with audiences.
Principle of Spherical LED Display
It is composed of core control module, rotating display module, wireless module, font module, motor drive module, and power supply. The fan blade is designed in a circular shape, and there is a circle of LED lamp beads on the fan blade. The luminous color of the LED is monochromatic or multicolor. When the fan blade rotates around the central axis, it will produce a spherical surface, and all of the spherical surfaces are LED, with the font software, when the fan blade reaches the corresponding position, the corresponding point is lighted, so that the display content of a spherical surface can be controlled.
Analysis of manufacturing method of spherical LED display
The emergence of LED electronic displays not only brings great convenience to our lives, but also adds color to the city. With the continuous improvement of LED display technology, the design of LED display has become more artistic and aesthetic. LED displays of various shapes such as “wave-shaped” and “spherical” have appeared. Spherical LED display is a fashionable, beautiful, and flexible LED display product newly developed in recent years. It is different from ordinary LED display in the process and craftsmanship.
There are two types of spherical LED display screens in terms of production: the first type is a full spherical LED display screen. Generally, such a ball is relatively small, about 2 meters in diameter, and can be viewed as a whole close up; the second type is a hemispherical LED display. Generally, such a ball is relatively large and needs to be viewed from a distance.
There are roughly the following methods for making spherical LED display screens:
1. For outdoor spherical LED displays with larger diameters, single-pixel tubes can be used. Cut the ball according to the latitude, and place a row of LED pixel tubes at each latitude.
2. For indoor spherical LED displays with smaller diameters, you can use surface mount three-in-one LED lights, use flexible PCB boards to make point-by-point controllable light strips, and then the light strips, like the first form, surround the sphere according to the latitude.
3. For indoor screens, special LED unit boards can also be designed according to the dot pitch. The special-shaped unit board can be designed as a triangle for splicing, or it can be designed as a hexagon for splicing (just like a football, it is composed of multiple hexagons). The indoor LED spherical screen models are: P4, P5, P6, P10 And many other models are available.
Advantages of spherical LED display:
1. Seamless splicing: adopting trapezoidal circuit design, can realize seamless splicing;
2. Uniform tapping: Supports uniform tapping technology, and the display screen is not distorted;
3. Flexible control: Synchronous and asynchronous compatible, supporting both offline and online modes;
4. Good heat dissipation: use aluminum structural heat dissipation solutions;
5. Convenient installation: As a complete system, it supports floor installation, hoisting, embedded installation, etc.;
6. Convenient maintenance: support pre-maintenance and post-maintenance;
Spherical LED display features:
1. The spherical full-color LED display can be used outdoors and indoors. It is translucent, has a large display pixel pitch, and has a certain decorative effect. It is used in large screen display occasions. It is a common conventional display and lighting. An LED display application product between;
2. After special treatment, the display unit can be assembled into inner arc display surface, outer arc display surface, inner circle display surface, S display surface, spherical shape and other special-shaped screens, which are not available for ordinary conventional displays. Achieved display effect;
3. In order to ensure sufficient brightness of the pixels in the outdoor reality project, the front of the pixel is potted with silica gel for waterproofing. The color of the silica gel can be matched with the color card according to the project requirements, so that it can be perfectly coordinated with the color of the exterior wall of the building;
4. The pixel outlet is a silicone wire with excellent high and low temperature, with professional waterproof connectors, professionally designed and carefully built fully sealed waterproof structure. The protection level reaches IP67. It can adapt to various indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity environments, and the working environment range can reach -20 And +80 degrees Celsius, can work in rain;
5. The spherical LED display adopts a bar-shaped display unit, which has strong visual impact and high safety factor;
6. The viewing angle of the spherical LED display is 360 degrees, and the video is played in all directions, and there is no viewing angle problem of the flat LED display;
7. Multiple pixels in series or parallel can realize full-color display, and can play video clearly. The LED ball can be synchronized or asynchronously controlled to display full-color video.
8. The spherical LED display is equipped with a professional audio and video processing system, supports a variety of external signal access, and can realize live broadcast.
9. The diameter of the LED ball can be designed and produced according to customer requirements. The spherical surface is completely completed by CNC. The precise module size ensures the uniformity of the overall curvature of the LED ball.
10. The spherical LED display does not need to be installed, it can be used when the goods arrive, no installation is required!
11. The spherical LED display has the advantages of light weight, good wind resistance, convenient installation, good heat dissipation performance, convenient front and rear maintenance, good waterproof performance, good seismic performance, low cost of auxiliary installation frame, no fan and quietness;
12. It can be the same as the rental LED display. It has an all-aluminum structure design, light weight and strong structure. The installation method of the LED ball can be designed as mobile, hoisted, and seated according to customer requirements;
13. According to customer requirements and site environment, tailor the most suitable spherical LED display solution;
Spherical LED display type
1. Watermelon rind LED spherical screen
Composed of watermelon skin-like PCBs, the advantage is that the structure is intuitive and there are fewer types of PCBs. The disadvantage is that the north and south poles (that is, north of 45° north latitude and south of 45° south latitude) cannot play images normally, so the picture utilization is too low or the image is severely deformed. The reason is that the pixel points of all current image sources are arranged in rows and columns, and the pixel points of the north and south poles of the watermelon rind LED spherical screen are not arranged in rows and columns, but arranged in a circle, so It is difficult to display.
2. Triangular LED spherical screen
The spherical screen composed of a flat triangular PCB overcomes the shortcoming that the north and south poles of the watermelon rind spherical screen cannot play images, so the picture utilization rate is greatly improved. The disadvantage is that there are many types of PCBs, limited by the honeycomb arrangement of pixels, and the dot pitch cannot be too small, and software writing is also more troublesome.
3. Six-sided LED spherical screen
The spherical LED display composed of a quadrilateral PCB has the advantage of being closer to a flat LED display. The minimum dot pitch is similar to that of a flat LED display. There is little or no restriction, so the effect is much better than that of a triangular PCB.
LED spherical screen selection
The resolution design of the spherical LED display is the same as that of the conventional LED display, that is, it is related to the viewing distance of the LED display. Generally, if it is viewed from 2.5 meters away, it is recommended to choose the model P2.5 or P2. For viewing from 6 meters away, it is recommended to choose P6 or P5, of course, the budget is sufficient, you can also choose the more high-definition P4 or even P3. If it is used for outdoor viewing 10 meters away, you can choose the P10 model. Of course, this is a relatively vague choice. It is qualitative rather than quantitative. It depends on the specific site installation environment, audience and budget.
What are the main applications of led spherical screens
The led spherical screen allows the audience to watch 360° full viewing angle, which is different from the conventional LED display, and the details of the picture are easy to show. At the same time, the led spherical screen can directly project spherical objects such as the earth and football on the display, which is intuitive and perfect. Video enjoyment.
Maipu brilliant led spherical screen is composed of core control module, rotating display module, wireless module, font module, motor drive module, and power supply. The fan blade is designed to be circular, and there is a circle of LED lamp beads on the fan blade. The luminous color of the LED is monochromatic or multicolor. When the fan blade rotates around the central axis, it will produce a spherical surface, and all are on the spherical surface. LED, with the font software, when the fan blade goes to the corresponding position, the corresponding point is lighted, so that the display content of a spherical surface can be controlled.
The full-color led spherical screen is mainly used in museums, science and technology museums, corporate exhibition halls, exhibition halls, outdoor spherical video advertisements, spherical lighting projects and other places. The spherical led display can not only play video advertisements, brand publicity, but also make decorative lighting. change. The installation methods of the led spherical screen are diversified, and can be installed in different installation methods such as site-mounted, ceiling-mounted, inlaid, embedded, etc., to meet the installation needs of different customers. The introduction of LED spherical screens into the market has only appeared in recent years.
At present, three kinds of LED spherical screens have appeared on the market. The production technologies of these kinds of LED spherical screens have been patented, and some have even applied for PCT. International patents.