It is not uncommon for us to see LED displays, but when it comes to the types of LED displays, I am afraid that those who are engaged in the LED display industry may not know. Next, let’s take a look at the different types of LED displays.
LED display is a display method by controlling semiconductor light-emitting diodes, generally composed of tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of semiconductor light-emitting diode pixel points uniformly arranged. It uses different materials to manufacture LED pixels of different colors to display text, graphics, images, animations, market quotations, videos, video signals and other information display screens.
Due to the flexibility and plasticity of LED display screens, LED manufacturers have given a lot of inspiration, and thus have created a lot of products with different shapes. Let’s take a look at ten common categories.
Ten categories of LED display
According to the color base color can be divided into:
1. Monochrome LED electronic display: that is, a single color, including red LED electronic display, white LED electronic display, green LED electronic display, yellow LED electronic display, blue LED electronic display, purple LED electronic display screen (rose color LED electronic display). Monochrome displays are most often used in traffic displays and door advertising.
2. Dual (primary) color LED electronic display: red and green two primary colors, can display red, green and mixed color (yellow). Two-color LED displays are mostly used for traffic signs.
3. Full-color LED electronic display: red, green, blue three primary colors, 256-level gray-scale full-color display can display more than 16 million colors. The full-color display can basically simulate all the colors of the computer, so it can be used to display the colors that various computers can display.
according to the installation of indoor and outdoor environment or waterproof can be divided into:
1. Indoor LED electronic display, the brightness is low, usually around 800-200cd, and the screen is not waterproof, the same model is much cheaper than the outdoor LED display;
2. Semi-outdoor (sub-outdoor) LED electronic display screen (not waterproof, a single-color LED electronic display screen that is only used at the door or under the eaves, only for text information strip screens, usually not mentioned Classification);
3. Outdoor LED electronic display screen has high brightness, usually between 2000-6000cd, and the screen body is sealed and waterproof to resist the extreme outdoor weather, so the outdoor display screen of the same model is much more expensive than the indoor display screen.
According to the pixel pitch (P or PH) or diameter (Φ), it can be divided into:
1. Single and double colors: P6, P10, P8, P7.62 (the old model is called Φ5 according to the diameter), P20, P4.875 (the old model is called Φ3.75 according to the diameter), the old model is called Φ3 according to the diameter (no The New);
2. Regular indoor full color: P7.62, P6, P5, P4, P3, P2.5, P1.875, P1.667, etc. (uncommon ones such as P8, P3.33, etc. are also produced by manufacturers);
3. Small-pitch indoor full-color: Generally, LED displays less than and equal to 2mm are called small-pitch LED displays. P1.25, P1.0, P0.87, etc. are all small-pitch LED displays; each manufacturer produces a wide variety of different types, and they are constantly being developed.
4. Outdoor full color: P20, P16, P12, P13.3, P10, P8, P6, P5, P4, P3, etc.;
5. Commonly used on rental screens: P5.68, P4.81, P3.91, P2.97, P2.60…;
6. Other customized types;
according to the application industry use environment can be divided into:
Advertising screen, door sign screen, information release screen, queuing screen, service window screen, traffic guidance screen, taxi screen, vehicle screen, stage screen, roof screen, LOGO screen, backpack screen, badge screen, Workshop kanban screen, environmental monitoring screen, monogram screen, command center monitoring screen, window screen, etc.
according to the shape can be divided into:
Conventional screens, curved screens, special-shaped screens (such as circular screens, semi-circular screens, parallelogram screens, cylindrical screens and other irregular-shaped screens belong to the category of special-shaped screens), rental screens, creative screens (such as cans screens, Spherical screen, cube screen, cone screen, tree screen, sand table screen, vest screen, backpack screen, dynamic mobile screen, etc.), grid screen (transparent screen), ice screen (transparent screen), etc.
according to the space can be divided into:
Sky screen, conventional screen, floor tile screen, tunnel screen, lift screen, 3D screen, etc.
According to the way of communication, it can be divided into:
Conventional screen: stand-alone direct connection, network remote control, U disk.
Wireless screen: GPRS (2G/3G/4G/5G), Bluetooth, WeChat, mobile phone, laptop, tablet.
according to the lamp beads are classified as:
Plug-in type (old model); LED modules in the early years mainly used plug-in type packaging technology. It is basically eliminated now.
Surface mount type (new type); at present, most of the LED displays adopt surface mount LED packaging technology, which not only greatly improves the production capacity of LEDs, but also reduces the LED display problems caused by in-line insertion.
according to the installation method can be divided into:
Hanging screen, single-column screen, double-column screen, hoisting screen, etc.
Classification by shape:
Generally a square or rectangular LED display is called a conventional screen. In addition, there are also special-shaped screens assembled using flexible LED modules. This special-shaped screen can be made into round, rectangular, arc, canned Shape, curved surface, spherical, etc., can be spliced into various shapes as needed.
In addition, the tunnel screens we see in some tourist attractions are also spliced with this kind of flexible LED.